My sister-in-law Lydia made this amazing salad for our Sunday afternoon food fest this past weekend. It sounds a like a strange combination, but the sweet corn and tangy blueberries work surprisingly well together. This dish is light and refreshing with a spicy kick from the jalapeño.
It was a little early for sweet corn, but next month will be perfect for this fresh summer salad.
- 6 ears of sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In large pot, bring salted water to a boil.
- Add corn and cook, covered, for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs.
- In a serving bowl, combine the corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- Whisk the lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add the mixture to salad and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (up to 24 hours).