Happiest of birthdays to my favorite sister-in-law Lydia! I can't think of a better way to celebrate than with a tasty champagne cocktail. Because this girl loves her bubbly. So, here's a bit of an unexpected combination that leads to very good things.
- 4 oz. dry sparkling wine
- 1/2 oz. gin (vodka works well also)
- 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. rosemary simple syrup
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 5 (6-inch) sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine the gin, lemon juice, and rosemary simple syrup in a cocktail shaker half full of ice.
- Shake vigorously. Strain into champagne flute.
- Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling wine.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and let the rosemary infuse the syrup for at least 20 minutes.
- Strain, discard the rosemary, and refrigerate until cold.
- Keep leftover syrup covered and refrigerated for up to two weeks.
|Cheers to another year older and wiser!|