For those days when you are pressed for time and lack creativity, here's a great simple salad that you can throw together. It's perfect as a starter or as a side to basically anything. Or, throw in some grilled chicken or shrimp to make it a meal on its own. In that case, add cherry tomatoes and toasted pine nuts for an extra punch of flavor and texture.
- 4 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- juice of one lemon
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Combine the arugula and Parmesan cheese in a larger separate bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat.