Now that we've finally come out of our tryptophan-induced food comas, let's get into some of these tasty recipes. As family and friends arrive for the big meal, it is always a good idea to have a few things for people to snack on just in case you get behind on your cooking schedule (which is almost always the case in my kitchen). A crudité platter filled with fresh, crispy, sliced vegetables is a lovely addition - especially when accompanied by an addictively good dip.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed
- 1/2 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon beau monde (seasoning salt)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with a variety of sliced vegetables.