Oh yes, it's that magical time of year again. The weather is beginning to cool down. The leaves are starting to change colors. And Jared disappears until February . . . today is the first day of duck season in Virginia. And Maryland's is just around the corner as well.
|The Urban Redneck Crew|
Hopefully, this year will be full of successful trips and tasty waterfowl gumbos. In the meantime, here's another favorite recipe. These are great as appetizers or as a meal in themselves.
- 2 wild duck breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- bacon strips, cut in half (need as many half strips as there are pieces of duck breast)
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- jalapeños, sliced (optional)
- special equipment: toothpicks, pre-soaked in water
- In a medium bowl, combine the cubed duck breasts and Italian dressing. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- On a large work surface, place the sliced bacon strips, cream cheese, and jalapeños within reach.
- Spread a small amount of the cream cheese on one side of a bacon strip. Place one jalapeño slice and one piece of duck breast on one end of the bacon strip.
- Wrap the bacon strip around the duck and secure with toothpick.
- Repeat method with the remaining cubes of duck.
- Grill on a preheated outdoor grill or indoor grill pan until bacon is just crisp, about 10 minutes, turning once.