This dish is simple, but very flavorful. It's a quick meal that you can throw together any day of the week. The seasonings add just the right amount of heat to liven up any boring night.
- 8 oz uncooked farfalle
- 1 lb wild-caught, gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup low fat half-and-half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve a small amount of the cooking liquid. Drain the pasta and set aside in a large serving dish.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the shallots and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic and tomatoes and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Coat the shrimp with the seasoning mix and cayenne pepper and add to the pan. Cook until the shrimp are pink and firm.
- Stir in the half-and-half and parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and pour over the pasta.
- Toss with a few teaspoons of the pasta cooking liquid.