- 3 pints mushrooms (creminis, oysters, porcinis, portobellos, shiitakes), cleaned and chopped
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 packages of frozen mini phyllo tart shells
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- When the butter has melted, add the mushrooms, shallots, and garlic and sauté until tender. As the vegetables soften, sprinkle in the salt, pepper, and thyme. Once tender, let the mixture stand until cool.
- In a large bowl, fold the mushroom mixture into the cream cheese and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon one tablespoon of the filling into each frozen mini phyllo tart shells and arrange them evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-18 minutes.