Today is one of my oldest and dearest friend's birthdays! Rachel has put up with me for around 20 years now and I love and appreciate her for that. So, I'll raise a glass in her honor, since we won't be able to celebrate the final year of our twenties together until she come to visit DC later this month.
|Rach, the snake tamer, circa 1992.|
Here's a recipe for simple, straight-forward, no-nonsense margaritas.
- 1 1/2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz. Cointreau
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup (if the limes are too tart for your liking)
- In a small saucepan, combine one cup of sugar and one cup of water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Fill serving glass with ice. Add tequila, lime juice, Cointreau, and simple syrup (optional).
- Stir a few times until chilled. Serve immediately.
|Happy Birthday Rachie!! Here's to even more good times! (photo =2001)|